It’s a warm fuzzy

March 4, 2013 at 12:28 am 14 comments

{A warm fuzzy:  a thank you, you are awesome – cool – great – talented – the cat’s meow……….}

Good Evening  or Morning!

I would like to send a shout out – or is it a word out – or I should probably stick with the basics of offering my sincere appreciation and gratitude to a fellow bloggerphile – Free Little Words – who has placed me on her list of nominees for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award.

Below is a list of duties I have been called to perform:

1. Display the logo on your blog
  2. Link back to the person who nominated you
  3. State 7 things about yourself
  4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
  5. Notify your nominees by linking to their blogs so they get notified by ping-back.

First of all, let me just say I am a TCI – techie challenged individual.  I hope I can get the link and ping-pong thingy – oops, I mean the ping-back correct.

So, without further adieu, I will begin:

1.  very-inspiring-blogger-award11

2.  The awesome blogger chick who nominated me – Free Little Words

3.  7 things about myself  –

1. I was born in the Queen City home of the Reds, Bengals, Bearcats, Ivory Snow, Tide, Skyline Chili and Graeters Ice Cream.  Nicknamed at one time as Porkopolis – I am referring to Cincinnati, Ohio.
  2. I began ballet dancing at the age of three and became a professional ballet dancer when I was fifteen.
  3. I have completed a full Ironman Triathlon.
  4. I could not live without the following staples – cheese, pasta, chocolate and diet soda – and yes, coffee.
  5. I have lived in NYC, Washington DC, Toledo, Ohio and currently reside in the NW Burbs of Chicago, IL.
  6. I have pictures of my children and pooch (past and present) and the art work of my children displayed all over my abode.
  7. My ‘current’ preferred form of exercise is boxing.  Running on the trails will commence in the Spring.

4.  Here are my 15 nominees:

1. The Lyceum
  2. Kurt Rees
  3. My Little Heart Things
  4. Good Morning Gratitude
  5. Reworking Joseph
  6. Having Inner Peace
  7. Hot Pink Underwear
  8. Unloving You
  9. The Past Present and Future
  10. All The Tiny Moments
  11. Black and Write
  12. The Adventures of Rosebud
  13. Hoping For Better
  14. Don’t walk it off, write it off…
  15. Equal Grief

Okee Dokee, these are my fifteen nominees (I wish I could choose more) and hopefully I set up the links correctly and the ping thing –  I hope it works.  If not, please drop me a line and let me know.  FYI – I have never been good at ping-pong, so the ping thing may not work. 🙂  These blogs are wonderful, enjoyable and without a doubt inspiring.  I know – they have each inspired me immensely.

I would like to add one more ‘warm fuzzy’ to all of the incredible writers out in the blogosphere  – thank you for your beautiful words and spirit.  Please keep doing what you do, because each and every one of you is very special!

Kimberly xo

Entry filed under: awards, bloggers, blogs, friendship, gratitude, milestones, Personal, thoughts, words, writing. Tags: , , , , , , , .

a dialogue monday morning motivation

• 1. NM  |  March 4, 2013 at 12:44 am

Thanks love and congrats!

• 2. words4jp  |  March 4, 2013 at 12:49 am

hey – you changed your picture:) Did the ping thingy work?? I hope – like I said I think you are an inspiring chick!

• 3. NM  |  March 4, 2013 at 1:59 am

I did 🙂

And I’m not sure if it worked but I like to check your blog and saw it. Much appreciated. I think you’re a lot like me in the sense that you didn’t think as many people would read your stuff as they have. It’s a little exciting isn’t it.

I appreciate you following me and I know you are going to get absolutely everything you are looking for. Congrats again!

• 4. words4jp  |  March 4, 2013 at 2:17 am

Thanks. I will have to figure out what to do about the ping thing. Oy.

• 5. Amba  |  March 4, 2013 at 3:24 am

Congrats! You totally deserve it. Your wonderful poetry always inspires me to write better 🙂

• 6. words4jp  |  March 4, 2013 at 3:32 am

Thanx. I wanted to nominate you, but saw you already had been – I am kinda new with this ‘stuff’. I am not certain if you can nominate people twice. Plus, I believe I did indeed screw up the ping thing. I have to try and figure it out tomorrow. For now I must go to bed.

Thanks again. Are you feeling better? I hope so;)

Sent from an 🍎 👀 device.

• 7. rebeccazenker  |  March 4, 2013 at 4:37 am

Congratulations! I do enjoy reading your blog. It speakes to my heart…And thank you for nominating my blog. Don’t know what to say except thank you. I’m really touched by it.

• 8. words4jp  |  March 4, 2013 at 1:46 pm

thanks – 🙂 i emailed you….

• 9. Lunch Sketch  |  March 4, 2013 at 11:55 am

Totally deserved! You have a gift and it seems there are many more folk than me that are benefiting from your poetic raw honesty. Congrats! 🙂

• 10. words4jp  |  March 4, 2013 at 1:46 pm

thanks – 🙂 I just typed something on the wrong reply – I am having a slow morning thus far – I said that I wanted to nominate you, but I remembered what you wrote the last time I wanted to – so, please know that I have nominated you:)
      You are a very inspiring guy:)

• 11. justgs  |  March 4, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Well I am so honored that you have nominated me for this award .. one for inspiration so that means so very much coming from you. I am at a loss for words and will just say congratulations to you and you are more than deserving of such a candidacy give the wonderful candid nature of your work. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I wish your best of yesterdays be the worst of your tomorrows.
    Justin 😉

• 12. words4jp  |  March 4, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Thank you – and you do deserve this award. You do, You do, You do…..

by the way, did you get a ping back? I am trying to see what I did wrong. I am a sucky techie.

• 13. justgs  |  March 4, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Aww i did not but thats okk I’m pretty new to a lot of the blogging features and such .. I was just checking in on your blog and came across this post 🙂 Oh and congrats to the others too, I will definitely check your blogs out 😀

• 14. words4jp  |  March 4, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Danggit. I will figure out the pingy thingy. My boys were with their dad this past weekend. Thus, no pooter gurus. Hang tight. I will get it right. I am at work so I hope to get to it soon.