a sunday drive

May 8, 2013 at 7:14 pm 10 comments

i was driving along a winding road toward the setting sun, reflecting on the past few years of all i’ve seen and done. i am always amazed how time passes by with so many changes in so little time. a moment arrives – then gone in a flash – with more changes approaching –

i hope will be kind.

ο

this road seems quite lengthy as i peer far ahead, but i know looks can be deceiving – distance is not always my friend. there may be miles to traverse or a dead-end around the corner – there is no way of knowing other than continue on – moving forward. i can prepare for my trip with a full tank and a plan or throw caution to the wind –

leave all details to chance.

ο

it is easy to see one’s life as driving along a winding road. we can go in any direction or move along the ebb and flow. we will never know for certain how far there is to travel, but we can be assured of at least one thing –

there are many roads left to unravel.

Entry filed under: life, milestones, musings, observations, Personal, poetry, ponderings, thoughts. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , .

….so silence

• 1. Neeraj  |  May 8, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Its a beautiful observation.. loved it !

• 2. words4jp  |  May 8, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Thanks. I appreciate your words. I had a hard time writing it. The first line came to me in it’s entirety while driving home from the old house last Sunday. I was thinking and driving. There was a sunset. I had trouble getting the rest put together. It was starting to sound like a reminiscing session of which I did not want to do. Sometimes these poems flow out and sometimes they have to be coerced 😉

• 3. Kira  |  May 9, 2013 at 1:00 am

I say we take a road trip together to unravel some roads together!! You me and Pee!! xoxo

• 4. words4jp  |  May 9, 2013 at 1:15 am

Pee loves going vroom vroom.

• 5. Kira  |  May 9, 2013 at 1:45 am

So does Kira!! I’m totally a road trip girl

• 6. keladelaide  |  May 9, 2013 at 2:20 am

Just don’t do a Driving Miss Daisy you two!

• 7. words4jp  |  May 9, 2013 at 2:23 am

Uh not a two – we gots a three – with Miss Pee. I am sure we could fit a 4th – Ms K ‘teer!

• 8. Kira  |  May 9, 2013 at 5:44 am