Saturday with Syd and stuff

The three faces of Sydnee Pee

pee 1

pee 2

pee 3

all pictures taken within a 5 minute period and presented in order

And stuff….

Hello – I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Saturday and a Happy Labor Day weekend to my fellow Americans.  Pee and I are home alone this weekend.  We have not much planned – I have begun writing the mother of all award thank you blogs.  I have the usual house cleaning and I also have lots of writing to create for my company’s website.  There will also be some biking on the trainer and running.

Jordan is away at school.  He lives in a residence hall where everyone majors in a form of mass communications.  He is the only underclassmen on his floor and shares a room with a sophomore, who is majoring in photography.  He is adapting well, sounds great but tired.  Keeping very busy, getting use to a college schedule (going to bed after midnight), likes his roommate, has made some friends and is already scheduled to start filming!  He will be working on the university’s cable news program and sports events – yes, college football!

Peyton, as you already know, has begun his sophomore year, soccer and driver’s ed.  He made the JV (junior varsity) soccer team, which for a sophomore, is quite an honor.  He is, of course, the low man on the totem pole, but he is getting his butt kicked – no pun intended – and loving every minute of it.  He is also digging the driving thing.  I am certain this was obvious by his huge smile in the picture I took of him behind the wheel for the first time.  I can tell he is missing Jordan and I can tell Jordan misses him.  Apparently, Jordan texts his lunch and dinner menu everyday.  Oy!  Speaking of food, Peyton and I are going to be co-creating a blog.  We hope to begin next weekend (we have been waiting for life to settle a bit).  We have the concept and the site. I will let you know when we are up and running….

Sydnee is forlorn.  The week after Jordan left was bad.  She did not eat, had a lot of stomach distress and slept on his bed.  When Peyton is here she lights up – when he leaves, she looks like the end of the world has arrived.  I am doing my best to keep her at ease.  She may be a dog, but she is my daughter and her brothers’ sister and she is having to adapt just like us.

I need to skidaddle, but before I do, I will leave you with some pretty cool photos taken last night at a soccer game which did not happen.  Enjoy:)

Game time – 4:30pm

south sky

sky to the south 4:35pm

storm coming

sky to the west taken at 4:35pm

storm scales

northern sky taken at 4:35pm

Looked like fish scales.

storm poofs

sky overhead taken at 4:40pm

taking Peyton home

taking Peyton to dad’s at 5pm

There were huge wind gusts, blowing leaves, breaking and falling tree branches.

driving home

driving due west at 5:10pm

Due to rush hour traffic, I inched-wormed it home, so I was able to take photographs when I was not white knuckling the steering wheel.  The wind was pushing my car sideways.

driving home 2

driving due west at 5:25pm

There was marble sized hail.

home

home at 5:45pm – FINALLY.

Entry filed under: blogging, children, college, conversation, dogs, journal, life, milestones, nature, Parenting, Personal, Pets, photo journal, Relationships, soccer, sons, teenagers, update, weather, writing. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

soccer season Lots, lots, lots of loads of thanks

• 1. busymindthinking  |  August 31, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Those pics are incredible! Thank God you made it home safely. Poor puppy, certainly missing family. Huge hugs my friend.

• 5. J. Casey O'Hara  |  August 31, 2013 at 3:37 pm

That’s cool that they text lunch menus! Shows how great they get along. Very funky skies – look like spring clouds around here.

• 6. words4jp  |  August 31, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Thanks for your comments – yes, my boys are very close and foodies at that. Apparently the food on campus is awesome. Both of my son’s have sophisticated palates.

• 7. Cindy Darkheart  |  August 31, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I absolutely love pictures of clouds! My daughter takes pictures when a storm is brewing and sends them to me. Have a good weekend!

• 8. findingmyinnercourage  |  August 31, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Sydnee is beautiful! I love your response “both of my sons have sophisticated palates.” Beautiful photos!

• 9. Svelte  |  September 1, 2013 at 2:44 am

Sky looks like a topping! Enjoy your Labor Day Dear. X

• 10. gita4elamats  |  September 1, 2013 at 3:01 am

Poor Sydnee. I’m sure you are giving her extra attention; give her a rubbie from me.

• 11. thehappyhugger  |  September 1, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Pee looks so sweet!
    Your pictures look stunning!

• 12. Theresa  |  September 1, 2013 at 9:08 pm

So dogs suffer “empty nest” as well… You are not alone.

• 13. words4jp  |  September 1, 2013 at 10:50 pm

yes, she is suffering – but I will give her some extra spoiling:)

• 14. Lunch Sketch  |  September 3, 2013 at 3:25 am