rising above…

A Monday picture prompt

from Shawnbird.com

mondaymeme2013-09-09

foundation fuels life

challenged by outside forces

focus remains strong

up and beyond – one goal breathes

a shining medal awaits

My first ever prompt experience – It was challenging and fun!

Entry filed under: photo prompt, photos, poetry, poetry prompt, tanka, writing. Tags: , , .

sunrise, sunset still, will, always

• 1. Kirsten  |  September 10, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Geez, that’s your first prompt…you knocked it out of the ballpark! Whoo Hooo!! Mine was my second picture prompt ever! I like doing them. Normally, I write the poem and then pick out the perfect picture. Doing it backwards is cool!

• 2. typewriterpoet  |  September 10, 2013 at 5:14 pm

i like prompts they can be challenging! this is lovely you did wonderfully !

• 3. findingmyinnercourage  |  September 10, 2013 at 7:41 pm

You nailed your first ever prompt! Congratulations my friend!

• 4. words4jp  |  September 10, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Thanx. I was nervous:)

• 5. sheridegrom - From the literary and legislative trenches.  |  September 10, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Nice job.

• 6. justme792  |  September 10, 2013 at 10:22 pm

It’s beautiful! You did it! 🙂

• 7. Shawn L. Bird  |  September 11, 2013 at 5:15 am

“Up and beyond.” Definitely. Thanks for participating in my Monday Meme! Come back next week to see what vacation photo I pull out next! 🙂