splendor ‘on’ the grass

November 11, 2013 at 3:58 pm 13 comments

diamonds sparkle bright

clinging to blades sharp like knives

morning frost unveiled

Entry filed under: haiku, morning frost, nature, poetry, thoughts, weather. Tags: , , , , , , .

To Imagine Weekly Pet Challenge – pillow or cushion?

• 1. Master's Slave  |  November 11, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Lovely. Reminds me of one of my favorite poems…. “Nothing can bring back the hour….” ~W. Wadsworth

• 2. words4jp  |  November 11, 2013 at 7:26 pm

I do not recall this one – it has been a few years since I read his work – i will refresh my memory:)

• 3. acuriousgal  |  November 12, 2013 at 3:59 am

Wonderful haiku!!!!

• 4. Raven Whyte  |  November 14, 2013 at 6:58 am

clear on the branches
    stark cold in the morning frost
    it’s a diamond tree

• 5. words4jp  |  November 14, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Awesome! I love this:)

• 6. Lunch Sketch  |  November 14, 2013 at 7:48 am

Great imagery.
    Felt a little cold reading it 😉

• 7. Raven Whyte  |  November 14, 2013 at 8:39 am

Thanks. Your piece reminded me of it. Everything melted today before I could get a photo, but the tree actually looked like it was growing clear crystal fruits, or gems. i felt it worth sharing once I remember, and am glad you enjoyed it 🙂

• 8. words4jp  |  November 14, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I was a bit cold – Syd was taking her time doing her thing (if you catch my drift) and I was staring down at the ground trying to avoid the wind in my eyes …….

• 9. Raven Whyte  |  November 14, 2013 at 3:54 pm

and you saw frost speckled roadways, and diamonds beneath your feet? I love the crystal paths at night, when the streetlights bring them to life a step at a time. I think I should bring my poem to my page, and a link to yours, I think they go well together, like two views of the same winter day 🙂

• 10. words4jp  |  November 14, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Yes, please do:) I am honored!

• 11. Raven Whyte  |  November 14, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Reblogged this on Feather Strokes and commented:
    Sometimes, it doesn’t matter if you hole your head up high, or look at the ground. You can still see beauty if you look.

• 12. Raven Whyte  |  November 14, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Hey, your poem sparked the memory in me while it was still fresh, and gave me a poem that worked alone or with yours, so the honour is all mine!