the other

December 12, 2013 at 4:26 pm 13 comments

there is ‘another’ staring back at me

i see her every single day.

she grabs hold of my mind with a grip so strong –

i fight daily just to break away.

she is incapable of thought

and

impulsive –

unable to let go.

she rules with emotion

working hard to destroy

the beauty my heart tries so desperately to sow.

her obsession effects not only myself

but

those around me whose lives she has touched –

commandeering the goodness they so graciously share

tearing apart feelings

and

hearts i have loved.

why can’t i sever her power?

jostle

or

tussle her

loose?

why do i seem to begrudge her –

allow her to make me feel wretched and blue?

i do wish i could vanquish ‘the other’ –

have the strength to drive her away

but

till the moment arrives

when i can annihilate her control,

i must continue the battle

every waking hour

of

each

day…

Entry filed under: depression, feelings, life, OCD, pain, Personal, poetry, ponderings, prose, Relationships, sadness, thoughts. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , .

sailing Waltz of the Flowers

• 1. Svelte  |  December 12, 2013 at 5:11 pm

That bloody b-tch needs to take a hike already! 😉
    I tried to post a comment to you yesterday but it never went through… I absolutely loved the sailing post!
    Let’s hope this comment makes it over… x

• 2. words4jp  |  December 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I got it! and yes, she is a b*tch:) grr………

• 3. acuriousgal  |  December 12, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Do not let her take control, Kimberly!!! Powerful words

• 4. Dom DiFrancesco  |  December 12, 2013 at 6:10 pm

You can’t let her win Kimberly, you are stronger than her. 🙂

• 5. words4jp  |  December 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm

you are such a sweetie:)

• 6. John W. Howell  |  December 12, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Knowing she is there is half the battle for control. Beautiful poem.

• 7. words4jp  |  December 12, 2013 at 7:51 pm

thank you so very much. the funny thing is when i started writing it, i was writing about a demon. when i was 95% finished i was thinking about a title and ‘the other’ came about. when the poem was about a demon i called it an ‘it’. when i changed it as ‘the other’, it became a she and her. the whole piece is about me, but i originally saw this demon as a monster, someone secondary – then it became more about the other side of me – the other side of ourselves that we all possess inside. 🙂

• 8. John W. Howell  |  December 12, 2013 at 7:54 pm

A very health progression. fascinating how you got there. This would make a good post as well.

• 9. Dan McGaffin  |  December 12, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Some day my friend.

• 10. words4jp  |  December 13, 2013 at 4:04 pm

i will not hold my breath.

• 11. Wordifull Melanie  |  December 13, 2013 at 6:36 am

one day at a time 😉

• 12. words4jp  |  December 13, 2013 at 4:00 pm

yes – i could not agree more:)

• 13. Blog It Or Lose It  |  December 13, 2013 at 12:49 pm

You are more powerful than you give yourself credit for. You’ll do it, I know it!