time to wake up…

time to awaken

¤

¤

thawing

Lake Defiance – Moraine Hills State Park

¤

ps:  When I shot this photo, I was looking at the various states of thawing.  It was not until I returned home that I saw the ‘closed eye lid’.  Can you see it? (left side, middle of the photo – reflection of the grass in the water).  Don’t you think it is about time for all of this winter nonsense to call it quits?

Entry filed under: haiku, iphoneography, nature, Outdoors, Personal, photo prompt, photography, poetry, ponderings, seasons, spring time, thoughts, winter. Tags: , , , , , .

Weekly Pet Challenge: HAP’PEE’ Spring! fellowship

• 1. Green Embers  |  March 25, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Oh, I see it! Long eye lashes! 😀

Spring is here! Now let the weather catch up with the calendar. 😀

• 2. thehappyhugger  |  March 25, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Love the picture!

• 3. words4jp  |  March 25, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Thanks:) What I find so interesting about it is that my eyes are drawn to the eyelashes. It is as if nothing else is in the photo.

• 4. theindianmademoiselle  |  March 25, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Beautiful picture……you should link it to the dailypost prompt on reflections.

• 5. words4jp  |  March 25, 2014 at 4:17 pm

thank you – i did not even think about that:)

• 6. quarksire  |  March 25, 2014 at 5:20 pm

hehe thats kewl ..eye lid on water! LoL 🙂 .. kewl shot 🙂 Q

• 8. ItMatterstoGrey  |  March 25, 2014 at 5:24 pm

I will be glad when winters grip will finally relent.

• 9. words4jp  |  March 25, 2014 at 6:01 pm

yes! me too:)

• 10. Kirsten  |  March 25, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I see it!! How cool 🙂 love your line “feathered reveille!!”

• 11. words4jp  |  March 25, 2014 at 6:15 pm

thanks – the feathered ones are certainly tweeting away these days.

• 12. Svelte  |  March 25, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Wowsa!!! Totally cool! (And full lashes too! Sweet.)

• 13. Weekly Photo Challenge: Humbled Relections | Humbled Pie  |  March 26, 2014 at 2:51 am

[…] time to wake up… | Words4jp’s Blog […]

• […] time to wake up… | Words4jp’s Blog […]

• 15. Dom DiFrancesco  |  March 26, 2014 at 6:35 pm

It took me a minute, but I finally saw it, very cool indeed and yes it is time for your winter to end.

• 17. Reflections Of Life | this man's journey  |  March 29, 2014 at 2:50 am

[…] time to wake up… | Words4jp’s Blog […]

• 18. Weekly Photo Challenge: Reflections | Life is great  |  March 31, 2014 at 11:43 pm

[…] time to wake up… | Words4jp’s Blog […]