a number

May 15, 2014 at 2:30 pm 8 comments

º

¹

¹²

¹²³

the media dictates the accepted number

a tag reveals a different number

the fit reflects another number

the mirror – can see only distortion

º

¹

¹²

¹²³

Entry filed under: body image, depression, eating disorders, feelings, life, Personal, poetry, ponderings, prose, reflections, Relationships, thoughts, writing. Tags: , , , , , , , , .

the tempest to yearn for…

• 1. acuriousgal  |  May 15, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Love❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• 2. ~*La Velata*~  |  May 15, 2014 at 3:33 pm

This is so odd, I could have written this myself. Yesterday, I wrote a few things too, about some distortions I have..

• 3. words4jp  |  May 15, 2014 at 4:45 pm

It is strange – in many ways I wish I did not see myself in this way, but it is all I have ever known and I really do not know how to not look at myself this way. and when I have a handle on it, it is empowering but on the other hand destructive. Again, it is what I know.

• 4. frombeingable  |  May 15, 2014 at 3:39 pm

I hate the numbers game. It’s never good enough

• 5. words4jp  |  May 15, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Nope it is not. xx

• 6. MichelleMarie  |  May 16, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Girl I’m all about numbers too! My life revolves around them Time, stats, averages and such. I love your writing! You bring out so many points that my brain never thinks and I love that! 🙂

• 7. words4jp  |  May 16, 2014 at 6:57 pm

isn’t it funny how people look at certain things all the time, yet really do not think about them or they do, but in the same old way? i was trying on jeans – you know how we have all different sizes….and i was seeing what fit and not – that is where this piece came from – the constant battle for the number i always strive to attain.

• 8. MichelleMarie  |  May 16, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Girl on my closet I have my skinny clothes and then me fat girl pants. 😄bit here’s what I’ve noticed the lines on clothes are smaller. Like if you wear a 6 or 8 then maybe you go up a size. I have an athletic build which means I have to buy clothes to fit my butt, then the waist is huge! Hard to find clothes actually. I refuse to buy a certain size. So I know what you mean! Ugh! I’m doing that right now! Trying to find something I can live with size wise. So silly! It gets harder the older I get.