keep on…

July 6, 2014 at 2:44 am 28 comments

i keep wishing on the stars above…

for someone to see me for whom i am…

the problem is…

how can someone see me…

if…

i cannot see myself…

?

?

Entry filed under: depression, feelings, human nature, life, love, Personal, poetry, ponderings, prose, Relationships, snippets, thoughts, words. Tags: , , , , , , , , , .

Happy 4th! quickly… declining…

• 1. Morgan  |  July 6, 2014 at 3:00 am

Very Powerfully expressed in so few words. So very true, Indeed.

• 2. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Thank you. I hope you and your family are doing well….:)

• 3. Morgan  |  July 6, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Thank You 😉 we are trudging on…smiling at the brewing storm ..you know how that is. 😉

• 4. crazykokonut  |  July 6, 2014 at 3:24 am

stay strong, you are unique, believe in yourself 🙂

• 5. Mark Baron  |  July 6, 2014 at 3:39 am

Powerful words, and important ones to remember.

• 6. richardankerswrites  |  July 6, 2014 at 7:55 am

Knowing one’s worth is hard at times but we all know it. 🙂

• 7. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:28 pm

I am fighting it. I feel like I have hit the pinnacle – the turning point of the war. The question is, will this be my Waterloo or Pearl Harbor. Gee, I hope I have chose the correct battles in which to refer to…..

• 8. richardankerswrites  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I think it will be that Historical moment of the Roman Empire, the Kimicus Victrix.

• 9. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm

You are tooooo funny;). I just had a vision….my face on Russell Crowe’s body in the movie The Gladiator!

• 10. richardankerswrites  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:48 pm

He had the same, his torso on your legs. LOL

• 11. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Humph, funny you would mention that. I have always been told by guys that I have the legs they aspire to have.

• 12. richardankerswrites  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:58 pm

I’ll have a word with Russ, see what he says.

• 13. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Oh please….. I personally do not mind having legs that guys envy, but, well, I am not a guy. Okay, so my hair is short, but still…….

• 14. richardankerswrites  |  July 6, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I’m still worrying about what Pee would think if you made her tea dressed as a Gladiator,

• 15. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm

She would not have an issue. As long as I have a boney and the leash and keys to the car…. I can dress up as anything I want:)

• 16. richardankerswrites  |  July 6, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I like her thinking 🙂

• 17. Paul Handover  |  July 6, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Very profound. For every one of us struggles to know who we truly are. To have compassion for that person, the self, and to acquire the faith that whatever is thrown at us we can be loving and kind towards our self. Love really does make the world go round.

Beautiful post!

• 18. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Thank you so much. Your words are so kind. I really struggle with this and though I know what I must do, I can’t do it.

• 19. Paul Handover  |  July 6, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I’m just reading Sharon Salzberg’s book Faith. Going to review it over on Learning from Dogs within the next 10 days or so but see if you can get hold of a copy.

• 20. ashadeofpen  |  July 6, 2014 at 1:31 pm

exactly the problem i suffer from….

• 22. redgladiola  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:25 pm

A really resonant poem! Discovering yourself is an ongoing process, I think. But this is why it’s important not to depend on someone else for a definition.

• 23. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I agree. But, yet, we always feel like we need someone outside of ourselves to give us some sort of something….finding the strength to say – I need no one is hard. I suppose if it wasn’t, there would be no such think as self- help books……:)

• 24. redgladiola  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Completely true. Human beings are such contradictions. =)

• 25. words4jp  |  July 6, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Yes, this is why I am coming back in my next life as a swan. Or just any animal thank am chosen to come back as….;)

• 26. joeyfullystated  |  July 6, 2014 at 4:28 pm

Really well-written. Quite brilliant.

• 27. marcus  |  July 7, 2014 at 3:57 am

Your worth is shown by the strength in your expressive writing. Your are seen.
    Howls ((awhoooo))

• 28. words4jp  |  July 7, 2014 at 11:40 am

thank you – I feel sometimes I need a new set of eyes…