high above

August 14, 2014 at 3:15 pm 11 comments

~

~

so poised and focused

perched high above the groundlings

what entree awaits?

~

~

dedicated to the many red-tailed hawks i see each day…

~

Entry filed under: an ode, animals, birds, haiku, life, nature, Personal, poetry, ponderings, Relationships, thoughts. Tags: , , , , .

a factoid quote – by Jordan Act 1…

• 1. redgladiola  |  August 14, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Perhaps just sightseeing? ❤

• 2. words4jp  |  August 15, 2014 at 3:16 am

He he – yes. Or they are undercover copper hawks – cops disguised as hawks to keep an eye on drivers!!

• 3. richardankerswrites  |  August 14, 2014 at 3:41 pm

A nice beef meal 😉

• 4. words4jp  |  August 15, 2014 at 3:15 am

Beef? With potatoes? Or corn – my neighborhood is surrounded by farms. Maybe they are ‘veggies only’ eaters?

• 5. richardankerswrites  |  August 15, 2014 at 6:56 am

I’ve heard of a cannabul but never a cannabeans. Oh, hang on, I have. (And yes I spelt those wrong on purpose :p

• 6. words4jp  |  August 15, 2014 at 12:08 pm

hah! i love ‘knew words’ 🙂

• 7. richardankerswrites  |  August 15, 2014 at 12:09 pm

I live to give 😉

• 8. Jonathan Caswell  |  August 14, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Reblogged this on By the Mighty Mumford and commented:
    HAWKISH TOWARD WILDLIFE!!!!

• 9. Dom DiFrancesco  |  August 14, 2014 at 11:35 pm

They are magnificent aren’t they, such great hunters. 🙂

• 10. words4jp  |  August 15, 2014 at 3:08 am

They are gorgeous and there are so many around here. I would try to get a photo, but I am usually driving. And the few photos I have taken look like a dot on a light pole;)

R your kids back to school yet? Jordy left this morning. And Peyton went back to his dad’s on Monday. It is only the woeful girls now. Pee and Me.

• 11. Blog It Or Lose It  |  August 15, 2014 at 4:52 am

Ah yes … I used to count the hawks on Route 30 on the way to college in Lancaster County (Peeay). So many of them! There were even a few spots on I-81 when I worked in MD — could *count* on seeing hawks there. Love hawks!