Weekly Photo Challenge – Fray

August 22, 2014 at 4:48 pm 29 comments

¤

¤

behind the wheel

the very, very first moment…

¤

The youngin’ is about to enter the world of driving!  Where is the fray you might ask?  The person taking the photo who knows the challenges which await this young man.  Also, under the big grin, was a nervous kid who was about to experience the power of a car for the very first time…ever!

¤

¤

¤

Entry filed under: a moment, blogs, Daily Post, iphoneography, Personal, photo prompt, photography, photos, The Daily Post, Weekly Photo Challenge. Tags: , , , , .

Infinity – Symphony 1, Op. 1 the bath

• 1. Moersalin  |  August 22, 2014 at 5:26 pm

interesting post 🙂

• 2. Richard Ankers  |  August 22, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I’m nervous just watching

• 3. words4jp  |  August 22, 2014 at 7:40 pm

i was – i still am. i hate letting him on the road with the crazy people!

• 4. Richard Ankers  |  August 22, 2014 at 7:45 pm

You’re right there

• 5. John W. Howell  |  August 22, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Some of the best moments. Mine got her license and then took out the order island at the Sonic drive in.

• 6. words4jp  |  August 22, 2014 at 7:35 pm

uh oh. How did that make dad feel?

• 7. John W. Howell  |  August 22, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I was relieved. Paid for the island and all was well.

• 8. Phoenix Tears Healed  |  August 22, 2014 at 6:13 pm

wish him lots of good luck 🙂
    I recognise that grin, the first time behind a wheel; I think lots of us had that grin for this challenge 🙂

• 9. words4jp  |  August 22, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I will pass along your well wishes. He was so excited and he was so nervous and all i could do was try not to cry – one of those – my baby is growing up moments. i actually took that photo on the sly;)

• 10. Phoenix Tears Healed  |  August 22, 2014 at 7:37 pm

😀

• 11. joeyfullystated  |  August 22, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I don’t look forward to that AGAIN. lol
    You’ve got a great attitude about it!

• 12. hitandrun1964  |  August 22, 2014 at 9:52 pm

Good luck:)

• 13. words4jp  |  August 23, 2014 at 12:41 am

Thanks…..I say many prayers to the driving gods!

• 14. sustainabilitea  |  August 22, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Frayed nerves certainly. I let my husband go with both the girls for a long time. 🙂

janet

• 15. suyashchopra  |  August 22, 2014 at 11:09 pm

You are right. You must be frayed at that moment. Dont you think sometimes past experiences and knowhow of challenges and failures catalyzes this fear and fray? I can definitely the grin because its a carefree mind with no inhibitions and past biases. A challenge in itself, though.

I liked your post because it brings out the ‘fray’ so well. Super choice for the challenge. Enjoy your weekend 🙂

• 16. Paul Handover  |  August 23, 2014 at 1:04 am

It’s all about defensive driving. Happy to explain more when it feels the right time.

• 17. words4jp  |  August 23, 2014 at 1:28 am

😉 it is always the right time!

• 18. Paul Handover  |  August 23, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Then get him to email me and I will explain more. 🙂

• 20. syl65  |  August 23, 2014 at 1:43 am

Buckle up tight and have patience….:)

• 21. kismet  |  August 23, 2014 at 4:39 am

To life 🌷🌷love❤❤and all the adventures that await 🌿🌿🌿🌺

• 22. MichelleMarie  |  August 24, 2014 at 12:31 am

Yippee! I love the smile on his face! Priceless! 🙂 ❤

• […] Weekly Photo Challenge: When Life is Frayed Books, Music, Photography, & Movies WPC: Fray Words4jp’s Blog Weekly Photo Challenge – Fray The Ambitious Drifter Weekly Photo Challenge: Fraying At The Edges Wright Outta Nowhere Weekly […]

• 24. helenmidgley  |  August 24, 2014 at 10:27 am

I know it well, I’m almost hoping mine fails his test so I don’t have to face that next set of worries just yet 😉

• 25. quarksire  |  August 24, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Yeehaaa 🙂 takes my mind back to da earlie 70’s fer me … way kewl … pedal to the Metal 4 one of P’s gaurdians lol… P 2 …ya got a happy camper …yup yup .. 🙂

• 26. words4jp  |  August 25, 2014 at 12:21 pm

yes, he is. i am happy that i have been the one to take both of my boys out for their first ever drive. my ex – their dad – for some reason did not, which i thought went against ‘the custom’ – but ‘hey’ his loss was my gain:)

• 27. hugmamma  |  August 24, 2014 at 7:17 pm

been there…done that…

• 28. words4jp  |  August 25, 2014 at 12:19 pm

yes, i have too – this youngin’ is number 2. His brother’s photo was a bit more fuzzy – and I must say, he looked a wee bit more worried.

• 29. When summer turns to fall… | Words & Pics  |  August 25, 2014 at 9:55 am

[…] Photo Challenge: When Life is Frayed Books, Music, Photography, & MoviesWPC: Fray Words4jp’s BlogWeekly Photo Challenge – Fray The Ambitious DrifterWeekly Photo Challenge: Fraying At The Edges Wright Outta NowhereWeekly Photo […]