Weekly Photo Challenge – Dialogue

August 30, 2014 at 12:51 am 13 comments

Dialogue between a Mother and Son

peyton profile

Peyton – 2nd Grade – 2004

mom profile

Peyton’s mom – 2nd Grade – 1973

My silhouette was cut out of special paper by an artist that my mother discovered in a magazine.  She sent him a photo and he cut the silhouette and mounted it on the paper you see above.  It is worn and a bit discolored.  Peyton’s silhouette was created in his 2nd grade art class.  The teacher placed a white piece of paper on the wall and took a photo.  The children were given the chance to use an overhead projector and trace the outline of the shadow on a black piece of paper.  The young artists completed their silhouette by cutting along their trace line.

Both of these silhouettes represent Peyton and myself at approximately the same age – 2nd grade.  What has always captured my eye is how much he and I look alike.   Through the years, I have thought these photos were in someway – communicating.  Yes, they are not facing one another and one is larger than the other, but in many ways they are…

Peyton and I knew one another before either one us ever had the knowledge that the other would exist.

Entry filed under: blogs, Daily Post, iphoneography, Personal, photo prompt, photos, prompt, The Daily Post, treasures, Weekly Photo Challenge. Tags: , , , , , , .

freedom a wish for me

• 1. syl65  |  August 30, 2014 at 1:42 am

I remember doing this too, in elementary. Beautiful connection between mother and son. Thanks Kim!

• 2. words4jp  |  August 30, 2014 at 5:49 pm

It is cool. Jordan and I do not have the same profile – but Peyton and I do. It is a very special feeling. 🙂

• 3. syl65  |  September 2, 2014 at 3:30 pm

That is really special and wonderful Kim 🙂

• 4. words4jp  |  September 2, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Thank you:) I do think it is pretty cool – of course Peyton may be thinking…oh mom……..:)

• 5. syl65  |  September 2, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Kids 😀

• 6. hitandrun1964  |  August 30, 2014 at 4:40 am

🙂

• 7. words4jp  |  August 30, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Thanks;). This was a tough one. The hardest being getting two photos dude by side on the post!

• 8. words4jp  |  August 30, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Side by side. I am assassinating my spell check. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr………

• 9. joeyfullystated  |  August 30, 2014 at 3:28 pm

Well that’s just lovely. I don’t have any silhouettes of my children. I do have mine, buried in a box, although it’s not as intricate as yours. I’d say your mother made a clever investment!

• 10. words4jp  |  August 30, 2014 at 5:48 pm

The back of the paper backing is the info on the artist. Pretty cool. You should try a project like this with your kids;). It isn’t like you are not busy enough being super chick……:)

• 11. joeyfullystated  |  August 30, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Yeah, no, I probably won’t do that.

• 12. weekly photo challenge: dialogue | my sweetpainteddreams  |  September 1, 2014 at 3:30 am

[…] Weekly Photo Challenge – Dialogue […]

• 13. Weekly Photo Challenge: Dialogue | Say It With A Camera  |  September 3, 2014 at 6:22 pm

[…] Weekly Photo Challenge – Dialogue (words4jp.wordpress.com) […]