If – a story

September 11, 2014 at 9:00 am 28 comments

~

IF I could return to this world

long after I have gone,

I would return as a bird ~

as a majestic, white swan.

~

I would settle on a lake,

way beyond the beaten path ~

far away from the chaos

and

the noise of life’s wrath.

~

I would spend my days gracefully,

gliding along ~~~

to the rhythm of nature’s symphonies

occasionally honking a song.

~

I may find another ~

a soul mate, a partner

to create beautiful choreography ~

a pas de deux on the water

~

as our ballet transitions

from Act I to Act II,

little grey cygnets will be born,

maybe one,

possibly a few.

~

the little one’s will follow ~ ~ ~

single file one-by-one ~ ~ ~

our corps de ballet will be complete ~ ~ ~

waltzing around the lake

under the sun.

~

there will come a day

when their plumes of white will emerge,

our cast of soloists will take flight

making their way into the world

~

meanwhile,

my partner and I will stay quietly behind ~

gracefully

gliding side~by~side

in

our

ballet of life.

~

~

Entry filed under: a story, a tale, ballet, dance, dreams, feelings, imagination, life, love, new beginnings, passage of time, Personal, poetry, ponderings, prose, Relationships, story, Swan Lake, Tchaikovsky, thoughts, writing. Tags: , , , , , , , , .

what purpose…for whom…why? judgement

• 1. hitandrun1964  |  September 11, 2014 at 1:05 pm

Beautiful.

• 2. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:40 pm

• 3. Paul Handover  |  September 11, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Just magical words.

Would love your permission to republish over on Learning from Dogs?

• 4. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Certainly – sorry I am a bit late in reading my comments. I eod be honored.

• 5. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Would be honored. 🙂

• 6. Mytwosentences  |  September 11, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I absolutely love this Kimberly. Such a wonderfully graceful flow of imagery.

• 7. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Thank you.

• 8. syl65  |  September 11, 2014 at 1:52 pm

A beautiful ballet of words. Thank you Kim. Hope your day is going well.

• 9. 50djohnson  |  September 11, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Beautiful!

• 10. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:37 pm

• 11. 50djohnson  |  September 18, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I was just wondering … How long have you been blogging?

• 12. words4jp  |  September 18, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I started in 2010 – false starts – began and quit, began and quit. In January, 2013 I resumed and have never stopped – this is when I began writing poetry – I sort of fell into it, as a result of a very dark moment in my life. My writing changes, quite a bit – how about you?

• 13. 50djohnson  |  September 18, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I started blogging on August 8th. I’ve been writing poetry all my life. Off and on Mostly during sad times and for people I loved at celebrations. following my Valley of sorrow with 6 family members dying, (including my parents and the murder of my son-in-law. I then fell getting out of my swimming pool and fractured my pelvis. Crutches 7 months (valley of pain), knee replacement and hip replacement and abdominal surgery all in 10 months. It’s been a rough 2 years!! I was also diagnosed with fibromayalgia..bummer huh? However, god gives me strength One Day at a time!!.

• 14. 50djohnson  |  September 21, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I have written all my life. I taught writing to 5th graders for 30 years. I started teaching when I was 20 and retired at 50. I got my Realtor’s license and have sold until two years ago. My life fell apart with the death of my Mom ,my aunt, my uncle, my best friend, my cousin, and my mother-in-law. My son-in-law was murdered. all of this in an 11 month period of time. Then I fell getting out of my swimming pool. I did the splits and the hip bone popped out and popped back in fracturing my pelvis. Crutches for 7 months. during that time… last October, getting my crutches caught in the sheets making up the bed I wrenched my knee and back. short story… I had knee, replacement, hip replacement, and an unexpected hernia repair surgery. When they got in there, there were 4. I had 9 incisions on my abdomen!!!! during this time, last October I started blogging for the Trimdown club where I am an administrator for over 700 people .Starting writing again after 15 years… wheel, it was like discovering and oil well! it has just come gushing out!!Sorry this is so long!!! My writing definitely changes, from flgia, to my healthy lifestyle, to my family and friends, to my emotions. Writing is a healthy lifestyle also. It gets it out of your soul and onto the paper. I started in August. I have come back from the near dead!! 😛 PTL

• 15. justme792  |  September 11, 2014 at 3:25 pm

Beautiful!

• 16. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Thank you so much. 🙂

• 17. findingmyinnercourage  |  September 11, 2014 at 4:53 pm

Magical story!

• 18. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Thank you. I would love to live this life;)

• 19. MichelleMarie  |  September 11, 2014 at 5:47 pm

OH yes I love this and I could see it in my mind! Totally! I could see you gliding gracefully! ❤

• 20. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:27 pm

This would be a dream come true. 🙂

• 21. MichelleMarie  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:42 pm

I agree with you! Let’s be swans!

• 22. polaris299  |  September 11, 2014 at 6:08 pm

the peace of love
    caught up in natures quiet
    a dance of joy

• 23. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Precious. So precious. Thank you.

• 24. polaris299  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:53 pm

it is something we should all enjoy

Hugs

• 25. John W. Howell  |  September 11, 2014 at 9:52 pm

These two would be something to watch

• 26. words4jp  |  September 11, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Baryshnikov and Makarova:) or Nureyev and Fonteyn.

• 27. Brenda Davis Harsham  |  September 15, 2014 at 4:58 pm